over de organisatie
Imagine a future where you can earn 500€ per year just by charging your car. Now imagine a job where you helped make this happen. Our Deftpower team has big ideas for improving electric car charging and draws on more than a decade’s worth of experience in the EV charging business in realising them.
We are rapidly building Europe´s most advanced platform, recalibrating electric vehicle drivers, their cars, charging points and the grid in a sustainable eco-system. One in which everything is integrated, and anyone can join. We believe that this market needs to grow quickly, and that with the right team - our clients and EV drivers can be happier, businesses more profitable, and society cleaner.
Because very relevant people and companies believe in us, we can grow rapidly over the next two years. As a result, we're on the lookout for new, geeky, funny, and brilliant team members to join us!
To help us in our mission we are looking for a Business Analyst, for our offices in either Arnhem or Berlin.
For this position, it is important that you are from the EU (Deftpower is not acknowledged referent) and therefore have a work permit to work in the Netherlands or Germany.
Of course, we hope you reveal hidden treasures in the budget but most likely you will be explaining your colleagues what is not possible and when they are behind schedule. As Business Controller you will be the one responsible for the financial planning, budgeting, analysis, and reporting. You will work in close relationship with the founders, the finance department, sales, and operations.
Here is more specific what responsibilities you will have:
1. Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Lead the development of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct financial analysis to support strategic decision-making.
2. Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
3. Performance Measurement:
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess company performance.
- Analyze variances and trends, providing insights for improvement.
4. Cost Control:
- Analyze cost structures and implement strategies to control and optimize costs.
- Collaborate with department heads to identify cost-saving opportunities.
5. Risk Management:
- Identify and assess financial risks, implementing measures to mitigate potential issues.
- Stay informed about market trends and potential impact on the business.
- Regularly review and update financial processes and procedures.
6. Decision Support:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial insights for strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate financial implications of business decisions and provide recommendations.
7. Compliance and Audit Support:
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Stay current with changes in accounting regulations and ensure compliance.
A skilled business controller has a mix of abilities, qualities, and know-how, as listed in the tasks you will be doing. These skills help them connect what the business needs with the right controlling effectively. We would love to hear great stories about your previous projects!
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- Creative thinking to solve problems. You may speak up. We are not re-inventing the wheel.
- 5 years of experience as a business controller.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, TAX/ VAT and external reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in financial software (Twinfield / Visionplanner) , PowerBI andMicrosoft Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Eye for detail with a commitment to accuracy and integrity.
- Hands-on approach. We are a small company (~30 FTE) but rapidly growing
- You are an EU citizen and reside near Berlin or Arnhem. This is not a remote position.
Working at Deftpower is both rewarding and challenging. There are many moving parts, partners, suppliers, clients, neighbours, and we are a young company that is still learning. We tend to think we are the smartest kid in the class but make mistakes daily. And have a lot of fun doing so.
We want you to be happy and bring positive energy to join us in our mission. That's why we've introduced quarterly D-Days, where all the fantastic team members from Arnhem and Berlin come together to have a good time. But that's not the only thing we offer for your happiness:
- ESOP shares optional.
- Exposure to our partners and clients in the energy, automotive and financial industry.
- Steep learning curve.
- Environment of trust where entrepreneurship and self-management is encouraged.
- A remarkable HQ located in the heart of the energy transition at Connectr Shared Office in Arnhem or an equally great office in The Drivery in Berlin.
solliciteer op deze vacature
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!
Is dit de vacature die aansluit op jouw willen en kunnen? Solliciteer dan direct. Heb je vragen over deze vacature? Ik sta graag voor je klaar en beantwoord jouw vragen. Via onderstaand formulier kun je een informatieaanvraag doen. Ik kom er dan bij je op terug.