about the organization
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity. This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably and cost-effectively) are lacking; electricity storage is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition. It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the Planet, the People, and business Profitability. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
The ultimate responsibility of the Electrical Project Engineer is to ensure that, from an Electrical & Automation (E&A) point of view, Elestor's HBr flow batteries are timely delivered and with high quality.
The position comes with a significant mandate and (project) responsibility. You take ownership from start to finish and liaise proactively with vendors, subcontractors, clients, and the internal organization. Therefore, you are at the center of shaping the landscape of large-scale energy storage. A solution that must and will be deployed in the very near future!
As Electrical Project Engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary and intrinsically motivated team and work on an entirely new class of large-scale assets. Being at the forefront of innovation and in cooperation with colleagues from other (technical) disciplines, you collect knowledge and specs, formulate and communicate requirements, engineer the electrical systems and set up the technical documentation, review documents from subcontractors, and oversee the project resulting in quality, safety, and timely planning.
With a can-do and cooperative attitude, your contribution can be essential and have a decisive impact on the realization of key systems for Long Duration Energy Storage! Your main tasks will be:
- Engineering and guiding the project from the electrical discipline from the requirement phase to commissioning and site acceptance
- Setting up the project electrical documentation through the entire project lifecycle
- Setting up the electrical specifications for the project
- Designing the electrical architecture, creating single line diagram of the proposed electrical architecture
- Guiding/supporting/co-engineering detailed electrical design
- Providing clarity on scope demarcation between subcontractors and Elestor (deliverables and timelines) and reviewing design documentation from the subcontractor (quality)
- Cooperating proactively with system, process, and automation disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on electrical systems in relevant industries (e.g., electrical installations, machinery, and/or motorized vehicles)
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering (or similar) with practical hands-on experience
- Basic understanding of automation and instrumentation
- Thorough understanding of power conversion & distribution systems
- High level of English reading, writing, and communication skills (about technical subjects)
- Experience in and a lot of affinity with Project Engineering, Managing subcontractors, Commissioning
- Familiarity with electrical safety (NEN3140) or low voltage systems (NEN1010) is a significant advantage
- Experience with grid scale storage systems is a plus
- Experience with ATEX is a plus
- International experience or working experience in an international company is a plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!