about the organization
Elestor is a fast growing scale-up with a award winning product. We are fueled by multi-milion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology in commercial settings. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As Electrode Research Engineer, you work on the development of the anode and cathode side of the cells of the redox flow battery. This involves electrode structures, materials and coatings, but also the interaction with the bipolar plates, flow fields and membrane. You will be the spider in the web, interacting with the R&D team, test engineers and your team members of the Stack Engineering department. You report to the Team Leader Stack Engineering.
- Design and develop the gas and liquid electrodes of the flow battery;
- Define and support stack electrode testing to ensure that the required performance, cost and durability targets are achieved;
- Optimize electrode and flow field interaction in the cell;
- Optimize electrode setup for controllable and repeatable performance;
- Negotiate with (key) suppliers on design, requirements and manufacturability;
- Lead or participate in performance improvement and cost reduction projects.
- MSc Material Science & Engineering or MSc Chemical Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in flow battery, electrolyser or fuel cell technology;
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills;
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control;
- Knowledge or experience which is an asset:
- Strong communication skills with scientists/engineers of various disciplines;
- Ability to keep working in a safe and structured way while under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Fluency in English.
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!