about the organization
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity. This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably and cost-effectively) are lacking; electricity storage is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition. It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the Planet, the People, and business Profitability. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As Engineering Manager at Elestor, you will find yourself in a highly dynamic and on-the-move environment. You are ultimately responsible for executing R&D and Engineering projects, ensuring the successful product development of Elestor's revolutionary HBr flow battery. You will plan and coordinate (research and engineering) projects, develop strategies, manage budgets, and coach and supervise teams. The highly skilled and passionate Team Leaders report to you, and you are standing side by side with them and the team members on the front line of this exciting development. In the role of Engineering Manager, you must be both technically savvy and possess skills in developing strong working relationships with people. Having empathy for your team and helping them through technical, organizational, and personal challenges is one of the primary mandates (helping team members get ''unstuck''). In practice, this means you will spend your time supporting the Team Leaders with solving technical problems, empowering the teams to let them achieve great things, being the source of calm, and ''overcommunicating'' priorities to get everyone aligned on a clear path forward. The Engineering Manager reports to the CEO. You will be part of an intrinsically motivated team and work on a new class of large-scale assets (HBr flow batteries). With a proactive and cooperative attitude, your contribution will be essential and have a decisive impact on rolling out a critical system for Long Duration Energy Storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future!
- Manage the development of MW-scale long-duration electricity storage flow battery products
- Support and coach the Team Leaders in managing the teams
- Ensure focus and alignment of the various development programs in cooperation with the CTO
- Ensure the products are developed to the desired deliverables, costs, and timelines
- Plan the overall engineering roadmap in close cooperation with the Team Leaders
- Ensure that product-related documents (e.g., definition reports, data sheets, and P&IDs are prepared and maintained
- Ensure all relevant design guidelines, codes, and standards are met, in close cooperation with
- Compliancy Engineer and Quality Manager
- Review and supervise work carried out by engineering partners, subcontractors, and the company's internal teams (stack, system, E&A, R&D)
- Support HAZOP, risk assessment, and SIL studies
- Support commissioning and deployment of flow battery systems in close cooperation with the Senior Project Manager
The perfect candidate possesses a remarkable array of technical abilities alongside strong coaching skills to assist and guide team members and leaders. You have a deep passion for technology and actively encourage the sharing of knowledge among experts from different fields of science and engineering. Simultaneously, you excel in managing people naturally, utilizing your interpersonal skills such as effective communication, networking, motivational prowess, and attentive listening to establish harmony, direction, and successful task completion. You seamlessly flourish within the Elestor culture, embodying a positive attitude, agility, and proactive approach.You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Process Engineering, Controls Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of eight years of experience in high-tech product development, preferably in an ISO-certified company. Besides that you are:
- Proficient in Project Management
- Familiarity with chemical, process, software, electrical, and mechanical engineering (ideally through working on flow battery, fuel cell, or electrolyzer systems).
- Knowledgeable about stage-gate processes for product development.
- Skilled in managing project scope and costs.
- Expert in contract management and overseeing project administration.
- Detail-oriented and systematic, with a strong focus on quality and a relentless drive for continuous improvement.
- Possesses a business-oriented mindset and a proven track record of establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Intrinsically motivated to lead in a rapidly evolving company, technology, and industry.
- Able to communicate clearly in English about technical topics.
- Displays an entrepreneurial mindset.
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!