about the organization
Elestor is a fast growing scale-up with a award winning product. We are fueled by multi-milion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology in commercial settings. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell and we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place! Working at Elestor means pioneering, where you work in a challenging and dynamic environment. In addition, you get all the freedom you need. In the end, we do it together, as a team. Will you join our team?
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As Expert Flow Batteries, you become the material expert in electrolyte chemistry R&D and electrolyte safety. Your ultimate responsibility is to envision the future electrolyte chemistry of Elestor's flow battery technology under predefined performance & cost targets. The activities outputs should also lead to IP generation.
The Expert Flow Batteries will be busy initiating, introducing, and implementing creative and innovative chemistry solutions and, by doing so, designing the electrolyte for a whole new class of large-scale energy storage systems. Your work will be hands-on and strategically relevant, guiding daily research activities and hunting for ideas/synergy, resulting in intellectual property generation.
Elestor's Expert Flow Batteries reports to the Team Leader of R&D. You are working closely with the cluster leader and part of the electrolyte cluster, developing technology with a global impact on the energy transition. You are at the forefront of innovation, and your contribution will be essential for shaping the landscape of large-scale energy storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future!
- Driving electrolyte research activities of Elestor’s flow battery technology under predefined performance & cost targets
- Improving the electrolyte research setup
- Improving bromine electrolyte with additives
- Developing novel bromine complexing agents
- Performing analysis to optimize the cost versus performance trade-off
- Exploring more superior chemistry for the H2-X flow batteries technology
- Strengthen the knowledge & team in the Electrolyte group
- Performing patent landscaping
- Generating intellectual properties related to the electrolyte technology
- Performing the chemical safety and vapor pressure calculations
- Electrolyte safety compliance
- Writing project/research proposals internally and with external parties
- Management of suppliers and outsourcing R&D
The ideal Expert Flow Batteries at Elestor has proven skills and experience with the design of electrolytes (electrolyte speciation, kinetics, and safety). You are an out-of-the-box thinker, have an antrepreneurial mindset and thrive effortlessly in the Elestor culture (with a positive mindset, agility, and proactiveness). You love and actively stimulate the exchange of knowledge with both scientists and engineers of various disciplines (internally and externally). You are goal oriented and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in chemistry
- Preferably with electrochemistry / flow batteries
- Minimum of MSc. degree (and PhD degree is a big plus)
- Proven track record in structured projects and/or organizations
- Proven track record in generating intellectual property
- Relevant network in the supply chain and with universities and research institutes
- International experience or working experience in an international company
- Fluent in English
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!