about the organization
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity. This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably and cost-effectively) are lacking; electricity storage is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition. It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the Planet, the People, and business Profitability. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
As Laboratory Technician, you manage the R&D lab and support the development of Elestor core technology. Your primary responsibility is to enable smooth operations in the facility, build and implement the Elestor lab management system and perform chemical analyzes to support core technology development. Daily activities include interacting with stakeholders, documentation, implementing the lab system, and performing chemical analysis.
The Laboratory Technician is a member of the R&D Team and reports to the Team Leader of R&D. The Laboratory Technician is a new vacancy aimed at further professionalizing the Elestor company (and its technology development!). It is an opportunity to participate in a multidisciplinary and high knowledge (technological) environment where you can acquire a position of ownership for managing all operations in the laboratory. You can create your own reality! Last but not least, this role provides the opportunity to develop internally into a role as Head of Laboratory.
In addition, this position includes the following duties:
- Ensuring lab safety by enforcing Elestor’s safety regulations for storing, handling, and disposing of materials and chemicals
- Promoting lab organization by proposing and implementing Elestor’s lab management system:
- Lab equipment maintenance
- Fumehood & ventilation maintenance
- Quality Control of incoming goods
- Lab condition
- Lab consumable supply
- Documentation Creating a culture of ownership for all lab users, enhancing employee involvement in lab operations
- Training other Lab users on the correct use of lab equipment & facilities
- Testing & measuring incoming samples
- Perform analytical measurements (SEM/EDX, UV-Vis, FTIR, NMR, ICP-MS, Raman, tensile-strength test, etc.)
- Writing reports of the measurements
The ideal candidate has a background in stateu0002of-the-art chemical laboratories in combination with excellent communication skills (with scientists, engineers, and suppliers). You recognize yourself as a Laboratorian with a proactive and typical selfu0002starter attitude, willing to do daily chemical analysis to support the R&D team in developing Elestor's revolutionary technology. In addition, initiating, introducing, and implementing improvements to the Laboratory system is something you enjoy!
- 2 - 5 years of experience in a state-of-the-art chemical lab
- MBO or HBO education in analytical chemistry or organic chemistry
- Working experience in a world-class (e.g., ISO9001, LEAN) environment
- Highly motivated, extremely organized, and self-driven.
- Proven ability to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo
- Strong communication skills in interdisciplinary teams and projects
- Hands-on, can-do mentality. Problem-solving skills
- Experience with lab management systems is a plus
- Project management techniques (are a plus)
- Fluent in English & Dutch
- Experience with working in an international company or international experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Elestor has been recognized as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
- You will immediately receive a contract with Elestor;
- Of course you will receive a salary depending on your current salary and wish;
- You will work in an action-oriented and exciting work environment in a diverse and international team of highly educated professionals;
- An informal and flat organization;
- We do everything we can to facilitate candidates and employees to become successful;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in Stock Appreciation Right (SARs) program.
Elestor is an equal opportunities employer. We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks! We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
apply for this vacancy
Apply quickly and easily through the button above. Still looking for something different? Take a look at the other vacancies or contact Sanne through 06-15471670 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!
Read more about our innovative platform and about the different contract types in our database.