about the organization
Elestor is a fast growing scale-up with a award winning product. We are fueled by multi-milion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology in commercial settings. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
The Project Controller position at Elestor is about maintaining (financial) data, building reports, and finding clever ways to do so. Elestor works on several projects and all projects require proper status reporting. This concerns progress views for the internal organization and customers, consortium partners, and subsidy providers. Finance records need to be processed as generated during a project's life cycle, and the data must be presented in accurate and valuable ways to the relevant stakeholders.
As Elestor's Project Controller, you are responsible for creating these reports, processing the data, and translating these into at-a-glance information dashboards. In addition, you monitor the costs and financial status of the projects and, by doing so, bridge the gap between finance and the practice of comprehensive (energy storage) projects, with budget control being the most critical aspect.
You play a vital role within Elestor by being 'in control,' improving financial predictability, and enabling adjusting in the early stages. It's the perfect opportunity for those who have a penchant for numbers, loves to operate in a complex context (major / innovative / high-tech projects), like to learn and grow with a scaling company and find it satisfying to bring structure to a place that has yet to take shape!
- Arrange and maintain accurate data systems to facilitate the reporting process
- Keep an eye on the budgets and check the forecast and the realization of the revenues and cost
- Prepare project financial data (monthly and periodic) reports
- Compiling project-related financial and hours reports (monthly, quarterly, or longer periods)
- Project hour administration and reporting for subsidy projects
- WBSO administration
- Supporting audits by delivering accounting documents
- Keep the reins tight – maintain close contact with the broader organization and secure that data as provided is classified correctly (to enable spot-on reporting)
- Identify opportunities for improvement/automation and execute process- and system-related optimizations
- Support Finance & Administration (considering proper priority balancing with work for projects), for example:
- Checking and booking PO invoices with the correct cost centers and budget positions
- Processing non-PO invoices with the correct cost centers and budget positions
- Processing declarations, making payment proposals, and checking payments
The ideal candidate in this role has a great affinity with numbers and finding intelligent ways towards data maintenance and report building. You have a very accurate working attitude and an urge for flawless delivery (because you want to avoid rework at all costs!). Do people call you independent and proactive? And do you have a critical mind? Perfect! In addition, it would be great if you comply with the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in financial accounting
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel is a must
- Familiar with hour registration practices
- Experience with administration of subsidy programs (for example, from EU projects) and WBSO
- Being familiar with data systems such as ERP is an advantage
- Affinity and, ideally, working experience at a company in the technology sector that works on a project basis (technical insight will be beneficial!)
- International experience (through work or study) is a plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent in English
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- An open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals. The company has a flat management structure and offers many opportunities to excel and grow. Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.
apply for this vacancy
Apply quickly and easily through the button above. Still looking for something different? Take a look at the other vacancies or contact Sanne through 06-15471670 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!
Read more about our innovative platform and about the different contract types in our database.