about the organization
Elestor is a fast growing scale-up with a award winning product. We are fueled by multi-milion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology in commercial settings. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell and we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place! Working at Elestor means pioneering, where you work in a challenging and dynamic environment. In addition, you get all the freedom you need. In the end, we do it together, as a team. Will you join our team?
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As an R&D Process Engineer, you become the material expert in Membrane-Electrode Assembly (MEA) R&D, transfer R&D insights into the product under predefined performance & cost targets and advise R&D members from a production point of view. It's your ultimate responsibility to unite fundamental R&D insights with flawless and efficient production. The activities outputs should also lead to IP generation relating to fabrication and manufacturing processes.
The R&D Process Engineer will be busy researching, initiating, introducing, and implementing creative and innovative solutions. You will transfer MEA insights to production and production insights to MEA development and, by doing so, contribute to a whole new class of large-scale energy storage systems. Your work will be hands-on and strategically relevant, performing daily research activities and hunting for ideas/synergy, resulting in intellectual property generation.
Elestor's R&D Process Engineering reports to the Team Leader of R&D and is part of a team developing technology with a global impact on the energy transition. You are at the forefront of innovation, and your contribution will be essential for shaping the landscape of large-scale energy storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future!
- Strengthen the R&D team and contribute to the (multi-disciplinary) high-volume production program
- Pick up R&D generated ideas and preparations on a lab scale and translate them to pilot scale
- Identify methodologies and designs to reproduce components at a small scale efficiently
- Design tooling to improve and ease the process
- Communicate with stakeholders and suppliers and actively update the R&D members with production requirements and points of view
- Monitor and ensure the right trajectory to achieve the MEA cost target
- Setting up a basis to produce a high-quality MEA at scale
- Optimize the MEA preparation process
- Incorporate innovative ideas to improve the process reliability
- Standardize and document the production parameters
- Document defect generation conditions for batch scale production of the MEA
- Transfer the knowledge and technology to the production team
- Interact with universities and research institutes to identify technological advancements in MEA component production
- Generate intellectual properties
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with material science and the physical chemistry of membrane electrode assemblies. An independent researcher and out-of-the-box thinker with an organized personality and clear goals in mind. Goaloriented and not afraid to challenge the status quo. Moreover, you love and actively stimulate knowledge exchange with scientists and engineers of various disciplines (internally and externally) and thrive effortlessly in the Elestor culture (with a positive mindset, agility, and proactiveness).
- BSc. or MSc. in (physical) chemistry, material science or chemical engineering
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience with material research, manufacturing processes, fuel cells & flow batteries (big plus), Electrochemistry and corrosion knowledge (big plus)
- Relevant network in the supply chain and with universities and research institutes
- International experience or working experience in an international company
- Fluent in English
- Proven track record in introducing and implementing creative and innovative solutions, leading to intellectual property generation
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet.
apply for this vacancy
Apply quickly and easily through the button above. Still looking for something different? Take a look at the other vacancies or contact Sanne through 06-15471670 or email@example.com!
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!
Read more about our innovative platform and about the different contract types in our database.