over de organisatie
Elestor is a fast-growing scale-up with an award-winning product. Our Low-cost electricity storage batteries enables 100% clean electricity supply and contributes to creating a clean and sustainable global environment. We are fueled by multimillion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology by clients in commercial settings.
We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance to a triple cost-reduction strategy. First, we are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. Second, we use a compact cell which is easy to manufacture. Finally, we have a patented pressurized system design.
We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. This is a hotspot when it comes to the energy transition, and we contribute to accelerate it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
As R&D Stack Engineer, you work on the design, development and evaluation of a new generation flow battery power module. You translate front-end scientific knowledge into an innovative product. You will report to the Team Leader Stack Engineering and work closely together. The following tasks are an important part of your job:
- Design, develop and validate hydrogen bromine flow battery stack components, e.g. bipolar plates, sealings, pressurized housings;
- Assist in optimizing electrolyte composition, membranes and electrodes;
- Define, construct, troubleshoot and perform call and cell-stack testing to ensure that the stack components achieve the required performance, cost and durability;
- Optimize the stack design for high performance and low costs and for mass production processes;
- Preparing and reviewing of technical drawings • Negotiate with (key) suppliers on design, requirements, manufacturability and cost;
- Lead or participate in performance improvement and cost reduction projects.
As R&D Stack Engineer you bring various qualities to the table. You have proven skills, knowledge of and experience with the design and development of innovative multi-disciplinary hardware. Excellent mechanical engineering skills, coupled to a high level of creativity and a drive to innovate, are required. You have a working knowledge of electrical and material engineering, and are willing to learn about electrochemistry. You also have the ability to keep working in a safe and structured way while under pressure to meet deadlines. As a R&D Stack Engineer you have:
- A MSc or BSc in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge about engineering polymers and elastomers;
- Experience in 3D CAD modelling (SolidWorks);
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills;
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control;
- Strong communication skills with scientists/engineers of various disciplines;
Elestor has been recognized as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. It's one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in the Netherlands and you get a chance to be a part of it. You can expect the following conditions:
- An instant, permanent employment contract with Elestor;
- An excellent salary depending on your current experience;
- Being part of an action-oriented and exciting work environment in a diverse and international team of highly educated professionals;
- An informal and flat organization;
- Training and education to ensure candidates and employees become successful;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in Stock Appreciation Right (SARs) program;
- A way to contribute to a sustainable future of our planet;
- Possibility to develop to Team Leader MEA.
Elestor is an equal opportunities' employer. We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks! We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
solliciteer op deze vacature
Apply quickly and easily via the button above. Still looking for something different? Take a look at the other vacancies other vacancies or contact Sanne via 06-15471670 or email@example.com!
Kleefse Waard industrial park is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By also looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!
Read more about our innovative platform and about the different contract types.
Is dit de vacature die aansluit op jouw willen en kunnen? Solliciteer dan direct. Heb je vragen over deze vacature? Ik sta graag voor je klaar en beantwoord jouw vragen. Via onderstaand formulier kun je een informatieaanvraag doen. Ik kom er dan bij je op terug.