about the organization
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity. This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably and cost-effectively) are lacking; electricity storage is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition.
It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage.
We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the Planet, the People, and business Profitability. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As Sales Manager, you will find yourself in a highly dynamic and on-the-move environment where you will go where no one has gone before. You will be part of the Business Development Team that is rolling out Elestor's global expansion strategy. In the team, your responsibilities vary between building global relations, co-developing business development strategy, defining entry strategies per segment, coordinating sales processes, supporting sales cycles, and creating supportive documentation underlining Elestor's distinctive solution. There's more than enough to do! As Elestor is now entering the scale-up phase of its technology and product, you will help set the strategic direction and "footwork" needed to set the wheel in motion (for a fast-paced company changing the world of energy). The team is growing from 50 to 100 within one-and-a-half years; the role of Sales Manager provides the opportunity to deepen your commercial skills and comes with multiple options for internal growth. Elestor's Sales Manager will be part of an intrinsically motivated team and work on an entirely new class of large-scale assets (HBr flow batteries). With a proactive and cooperative attitude, your contribution can be essential and have a decisive impact on rolling out a critical system for Long Duration Energy Storage. A solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future.
- Establish connections and deliver talks to attendees both at local and global gatherings.
- Collaborate in organizing and participating in exhibitions alongside the Elestor team.
- Manage extended sales processes, and offer assistance to the team and worldwide agent network through documentation, information sharing, maintaining the company's image, and assessing local application feasibility.
- Contribute to marketing efforts by creating supplementary materials and reports, or overseeing external contributors. Investigate emerging markets by conducting comprehensive global market research.
- Devise and present potential business expansion tactics using gathered market information, personal observations, and gained insights.
The ideal candidate has a technical-minded curiosity and an unstoppable urge to figure out how the market flows (in a relatively new industry). You have excellent analytical skills and can present your findings orderly; your mind loves strategy games and creating structure. You are eager to learn and thrive effortlessly in the Elestor culture (with a positive mindset, agility, and proactiveness).
Finally, you enjoy working in a fast-paced, less structured environment.
- BSc. or MSc. in Sustainable Energy Technology, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration (or similar)
- Sound commercial background: minimum of 5 years of working experience in commercial activities
- Solid and demonstrable track record of (contributing to) commercial success/development, adding value by:
- Supporting (long) sales cycles through thick and thin
- Developing and coordinating sales processes
- Co-developing the business by doing missionary work
- Relevant working experience in (renewable) energy, utility, tech, and/or capital-intensive industries will give you a kick-start
- International experience or working experience in an international company is a plus (affinity is a must!)
- Familiar with MS Office and CRM and/or ERP systems
- Fluent in Dutch and English (especially written)
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!