about the organization
Elestor is a fast growing scale-up with a award winning product. We are fueled by multi-milion euro investments, as well as by strategic adoption of our innovative technology in commercial settings. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
The ideal candidate has proven skills, knowledge of, and experience with the design of electrolytes with focuses on electrolyte speciation, kinetics, and safety. You are innovative, a creative out-of-the-box thinker, a pro-active scientist, and a typical self-starter. You can initiate, introduce and implement creative and innovative chemistry solutions.
- Lead and build electrolyte research activities of Elestor’s flow battery technology, under predefined performance & cost targets
- Setup the electrolyte research
- Improving bromine electrolyte with additives
- Explore more superior chemistry for the H2-X flow batteries technology
- Build the knowledge & team in the Elestor chemistry
- Generate intellectual properties related to the electrolyte technology
- Electrolyte safety compliancy
- Write project/ research proposal internally and with external parties
- Management of suppliers and outsource R&D
- 10 years experience in chemistry (industrial and/or academic)
- MSc or PhD degree
- Proven ability to introduce and implement creative, innovative solutions
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and ask the right questions
- Strong communication skills in interdisciplinary teams and projects
- Experience with generating intellectual property
- Experience with working in an international company or international experience
- Experience with fuel cell, electrolyzer, or flow battery is an advantage
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- You will have the opportunity to work at a company where sustainability and innovation are key
- You get an immediate contract with Elestor
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
apply for this vacancy
Industriepark Kleefse Waard (IPKW) is the hotspot for sustainability and circularity. The Working on IPKW platform is a collaboration between IPKW, Kracht Recruitment and other park residents of IPKW. By looking for cooperation between all park residents for recruiting staff, we increase the chance of a good match and therefore the success of companies. This is how we all accelerate the energy transition!