about the organization
Imagine a world without polluting power plants, powered purely by clean electricity. This world is closer than you think. The sun and the wind are powerful enough, and so are the technologies to harvest their energy. However, possibilities to store renewable energy (sustainably and cost-effectively) are lacking; electricity storage is ‘’the missing link’’ in the energy transition. It is Elestor’s mission to cut the cost of electricity storage. We develop large-scale, cost-effective HBr storage technologies that are carbon neutral and durable, thereby unifying the interests of the Planet, the People, and business Profitability. We reduced the cost of storing electricity to an absolute minimum. Our batteries are made in accordance a simple strategy. We are using low cost and abundant active materials such as hydrogen and bromine. We use a compact cell. And we have a patented pressurized system design. We are located at Industrial Park Kleefse Waard in Arnhem. A hotspot when it comes to the energy transition and we contribute to accelerating it. We have the technology to play a decisive role in realizing a 100% clean electricity supply. If you want to contribute to the energy transition, Kleefse Waard is the perfect place!
As Technical Safety and Compliance Engineer you are involved in all Elestor’s safety related activities. You will define and implement all technical safety matters, ranging from large-scale client projects to internal company safety related improvements. You coordinate external safety studies and lead the way to ensure compliance with all relevant norms and codes. As team member of the Elestor HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) team your role is key to embedding a healthy safety culture (personal safety and process safety). You report to the Team Leader System Engineering.
- Review implications of Seveso-III Directive (BRZO) for the Elestor projects and installations, drive related actions and advise customers where needed;
- Develop and implement long term strategies for safe working with bromine and hydrogen;
- Team member of the HSE team, supporting company-wide HSE related compliance and improvement activities related to personal safety and process safety;
- Responsible for definition and implementation of all compliance scope for meeting legal safety requirements across project portfolio (external and internal);
- Responsible for action management derived from safety studies;
- Review and approve internal Safety Documents;
- Actively build a strong network with industry & science partners around bromine related safety topics;
- Coordinate QRA (Quantitative Risk Assessment) studies for client projects and internal projects;
- Coordinate permitting processes and secure the validity of the License to Operate (for Elestor and customer support);
- Participate in safety studies (HAZOP, LOPA, SIL) with possibility to lead these studies.
- MSc. or BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Environmental Sciences.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (technical safety related);
- Relevant work experience in the field of Seveso/BRZO compliant industry
- Experience working with toxic chemicals
- Experience working with hydrogen or industrial gases
- Relevant work experience in the field of quantitative risk modelling
- Exemplary safety behaviours, role model for personal and process safety within the company
- Strong communication skills with scientists/engineers of various disciplines.
Elestor has been recognized as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
- You will immediately receive a contract with Elestor;
- Of course you will receive an excellent salary depending on your current salary and wish;
- You will work in an action-oriented and exciting work environment in a diverse and international team of highly educated professionals;
- An informal and flat organization;
- We do everything we can to facilitate candidates and employees to become successful;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in Stock Appreciation Right (SARs) program.
Elestor is an equal opportunities employer. We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks! We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
apply for this vacancy
Solliciteer makkelijk en snel via bovenstaande button. Toch op zoek naar iets anders? Kijk dan bij de andere vacatures of neem contact op met Sanne via 06-15471670 of firstname.lastname@example.org!
Industriepark Kleefse Waard is dé hotspot voor duurzaamheid en circulariteit. Het platform Werken op IPKW is een samenwerking tussen IPKW, Kracht Recruitment en andere parkbewoners van IPKW. Door ook de samenwerking op te zoeken voor tussen alle parkbewoners voor het werven van personeel, vergroten we de kans op een goede match en dus het succes van bedrijven. Zo versnellen we met z’n allen de energietransitie!
Lees hier meer over ons innovatieve platform en over de verschillende contractsvormen in onze kennisbank.